»

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The view from my bedroom window

Woke up this morning and saw this view out my front window. It is pretty neat.


To answer some questions...
Kailey, the best way to get me is email. I don't know how often I'll be on Facebook, but I keep my mail program open on my computer to get messages whenever I log into my internet. It is shaun.aukland@gmail.com

I was also asked to post my address. It is:
Shaun Aukland
73 Arnold Street
Observatory, Cape Town
7925 South Africa

I think the only way that I can get packages is if it is sent airmail. Whatever that means, maybe the post office will know more? I just know that a girl from last semester only received two of her three packages. I think Lyndsey might be making me a hemp necklace to send, which I am excited for.

I'm leaving now (7:15am Sun) to my orientation. We're going to tour the Cape, go to the beach, and see lots of stuff today. I hope I don't get burnt. I also need sunglasses.

7 comments:

  1. They have beaches in Africa??? Just kidding (but not so much). That sounds like fun. In an attempt to be like you, I am going to tour Kenosha, go to Lake Michigan, and watch fail blog.

    Now that I have your address, I just might mail you something from Disney World when I am there in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun,

    It sounds like things are going well for you so far. I have been thinking of you! Matt took out his new shoes yesterday, I was hoping for a wipe-out. I thought you would really enjoy this short clip, if you have the time:

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/01/30/carroll.snuggie.cnn

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont really have anything to say about this entry ... but i felt compelled to leave a comment.


    i really hate how when i go to post a comment i have to enter the word that appears.... but the word doest appear more then half the time, and instead i see a picture of a question mark ... and then i usually have to reload the page .


    ok now i've reloaded the page like 5 times



    seriously.... what the hell.... now I've tried leaving the page and coming back


    fuck man.... shaunaukland.com sucks


    this is so frustrating

    now i've left the room for a little bit, not that i thought that would help, but i was curious what was going on in the kitchen.


    i think ill try this in firefox now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited I have your address! I really enjoyed getting packages in Mongolia, and my friends there liked to see American stuff, so I'll send you something soon. Well, you probably won't receive it for a month, but...

    Your place looks amazing; I love the pictures! Thanks for keeping us all filled in, despite the expensive internet. Have you found an internet cafe? I've found them to be cheaper usually. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mislead. We thought you were a Kiwi. But nope. Just a cheese head with a capital city for a last name. How cool. Even my Aussie husband though you were a Kiwi - "Auckland in Africa." It's like saying, "Madison in Africa." Just wondering if anyone else had inadvertently mistaken you for one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, all the time! The extra 'c' finds its way into my name quite often, by others. Aukland, though, is a town in Norway, which I think I'm named after. Glad to have you reading!

    ReplyDelete