»

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Black Simpsons

I found this somewhere near Green Point, I think on Regent Street.

Black Simpsons Cape Town South Africa T-Shirt Design Parody

At first, it struck me as racist, in an American context. After some curious researching, I found that the design is also a popular, sold out t-shirt in South Africa. And I also found some online discussion of the t-shirt, where South Africans chimed in and gave many reasons why it is not, but rather a celebration of S. African culture.

Either way, I like it.

6 comments:

  1. Instead of a cat and dog they have a goat and chicken...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I love Bart's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It strikes me as racisy as well. Like if I saw some one wearing that in the states I would think " look at this ass hole"

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can email the artist! (it looks like he has a gmail account)

    ReplyDelete